If you want to change Ignou Exam centre, you must fill out an online form. There are a few guidelines to keep in mind while filling out the form. Once you have submitted this form, you will get a notification from Ignou University regarding the status of your exam centre change request.
If you live where IGNOU offers its exams and want to change the Exam Centre for your subsequent Examination, then you can do so online. To make the change,
- Go to Ignou.ac.in and
- Sign in using your login ID and password.
- On the home page, click “Exams” in the top left corner.
- Select your Examination centre from the list on the “Exam centres” page.
- If it is a new examination, then “Create New Exam Centre” will be enabled,
- You must enter all the relevant details, such as name, contact number, etc. Once you have selected your Examination centre, click the “Change centre now” button.
- You will be taken to a form where you must provide basic information about yourself, such as your name and email address.
- You will also need to provide your examination registration number if it exists. After filling all the details, click on the “Submit changes” button.
What is an Exam Centre?
An Exam Centre is a physical location where IGNOU exams are taken. You can change your exam centre online. You will need to know your current examination centre and the new one you wish to use.
Indian National Open University (IGNOU) is an autonomous public university established in 1969. IGNOU offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses through distance learning. It also provides research facilities and hosts several centres of excellence. The university has more than 1,000 affiliated colleges and institutions all over India. The university’s examination centres are located across the country.
How to Choose Exam Centre Online
- Log in to your account on the Ignou website.
- Click on the “My Examination centres” tab on the top right corner of the homepage. You will find a list of all your exam centres with their contact details like telephone numbers, email IDs etc.
- Hover your mouse over the desired centre and click on the ‘Details’ link, which will open up in a new window.
- On this page, you will find all the relevant information like examination timings, location maps etc.
How to find out your Exam Centre
To find out your Exam Centre, you can visit to the IGNOU website. On the home page, under “My Services” on the left-hand side, you will see a box labelled “Exam centres”. You can enter your examination centre’s name in this box and click on the “Find out more button. This will take you to a page that tells you all you need to know about taking your exams at this centre.
You will be given information about how many students are currently taking exams at this centre and what type of facilities and support is available for students. You will also be able to find out about any restrictions that may apply to taking your exams here.
What Instruction to Follow to Change Ignou Exam Centre
- You cannot change Ignou exam centre within the city.
- You can change the examination centre only once.
- In states like Jammu and Kashmir, the student is not eligible to change the Ignou exam centre.